As a precautionary measure we would like to share with you the Welsh Government guidance provided to us regarding the Corona Virus or COVID-19 illness. Click here for the Guidance to educational settings about COVID-19.
However, advice is also provided and frequently updated on the NHS website: www.nhs.uk
Our Policy Summary
- Parents and carers (and all adults) arriving at the nursery need to use the antibacterial hand sanitizer which is in reception
- Parents or carers should not come to the nursery to drop off, or collect, their child if they are unwell. If someone else is sent to collect a child the parent or carer must let the nursery know and use the child’s password. This is a requirement of our safeguarding policy.
- If the Parent/carer, child or family member has recently visited one of the high risk area’s highlighted by the government or come into contact with suspected or diagnosed coronavirus please could you inform the Nursery Manager at your earliest convenience.
- A parent or carer should not send a child to nursery if they are unwell, If a child is unwell at nursery we would contact the parent or carer to pick them up at their earliest convenience.
- As per our Nursery Contract If it is in our reasonable opinion, necessary or in the interests of the child to do so, we may close the nursery even though our Business Interruption Insurance will not cover us for the closure due to Coronavirus. In these circumstances, we will charge you for the time the nursery is closed.
Our staff will also be carrying out regular cleaning throughout the nurseries using Dettol products. These temporary procedures have been introduced to protect the health of all the children, parents and staff.
Thank you for your co-operation.