Newry Nursery and Juniors is a family run Private Day Nursery which is situated on the outskirts of the town centre of Holyhead, Anglesey, within a short walking distance from the beach and local children's park. The nursery is registered to care for 40 children ages 3 months to 11 years old. Our nursery provides a warm, cosy and home from home environment which is one of the many things our parents like about us! The nursery is run by mother and daughter, Sue & Alex McGinn who between them have the necessary experience and qualifications to ensure the nursery provides the highest possible standards of care your child deserves. Sue has a wealth of managerial experience in a wide range of different areas and has recently completed Level 3 in Child Care Development & Learning. Alex is a qualified primary school teacher and ensures that the children are ready for the transition to school from nursery.
We have three groups:
- Baby room (3months – 2 years)
- Jungle Room (2yrs-3yrs)
- Preschool room (3 years +)
Each age group has rooms which have been divided to allow wet/dry play, and they also have quiet and sleeping room.
An outdoor play area is available at the rear of the property, which has been designed into a safe surface play area for your children to play on. We are very lucky to have access to all of the beautiful areas of the island where we often take the children out to explore and have picnics. From walks through the forest, feeding the pigs at the quarry park or making sand castles at the beach.
Although we do not provide any designated parking spaces, there is Safe Street parking outside the nursery and also in the nearby carpark across the road.
The nursery boasts a fully equipped kitchen where Healthy home-cooked food is prepared for your child. As children learn from examples, table manners will be encouraged by the staff setting a good example themselves.
Our Aims & Objectives
- To provide high quality child care, where each child is valued and encouraged to obtain their full potential.
- To enhance the development and education of pre-school children.
- To provide a homely, safe, happy, secure and stimulating environment.
- To work with parents to establish an effective partnership between home and Nursery.
- A place for children to feel secure, relaxed, enjoy themselves, socialise with their peers and develop at their own individual pace.
- The majority of staff are bilingual and your child will be introduced to the welsh language through play, songs and stories.
- The nursery will be well equipped with a vast range of toys, puzzles, creative materials, outside Equipment, everything that your child needs for his/her physical, intellectual, emotional and social development.
- At Newry Nursery & Juniors children will be shown at all times the love and understanding they need to encourage self-esteem, and to make your child/children feel, wanted, respected and worthy of themselves. Your child/children shall then have the confidence for their next big step in life.
- We will deliver a quality service as defined by the National Minimum Standards for Regulated Childcare 2012, the Child minding and Day Care Wales Regulations and the CSSIW.
A key worker system will enable your child to settle into the nursery more easily. This means that you and your child will have a staff member chosen to care for the needs of both you and your child each and every day, thus building a good relationship with the carer.
'To look after the children as if they were our own'